Fathers were declared an irrelevance today as MPs voted to scrap the need for IVF doctors to consider a child’s need for a male role model.
Another shocking example of the poor state that this country is in and the worrying direction that we are heading into. In our haste to pander to every minority, religion or focus group in Britain we are losing sight on the fundamental principles on which this nation is founded.
The Government, in removing the need for a father and replacing it with ‘supportive parenting’, which could mean absolutely anything, has indeed placed the final nail in the coffin of the British family. Despite the fact that study, after study has shown that the best environment for a child to grow up in is to have a loving mother and father, the Government is still deciding otherwise.
What makes this worse is the Governments pretence that it is to protect single women and lesbians.
“The Government argued that the law as it stood discriminated against single women and lesbian couples…”
Call me old fashioned but what reason has a single woman to have IVF treatment anyway? If she is single she shouldn’t be considering a baby. A child is something that is brought into the world to be part of a family, not to be the family itself. That is like treating children like fashion accessories. A single man cannot decide to have a child alone, in the interests of fairness why are we in a situation where women can but men cannot? After all biologically, neither can have a child without the other anyway.
As for lesbian couples, lesbians make up at most 3% of the population, so this is at best to pander to the 3% of the population that could already get IVF treatment anyway. Why, yet again are we putting the rights of a tiny minority above the rights of the other 97% of the UK population?
I think that the real reason is:
“The legislation will also allow two women both to be registered formally as a child’s “mother” on birth certificates.”
This is the crux of it, the right for women to have children and raise them completely without men, and for this to appear normal. It is like something from some bizarre parallel universe or like from the two Ronnie’s sketch, The Worm That Turned.
But this isn’t some comedy sketch, it is modern Britain.
One female Labour MP said:
“It’s wrong to make judgments [sic] about families and tell one family they are normal and another family that they are abnormal. It is wrong to vilify single parents. It is wrong to discriminate against lesbian couples.”
Yet it is OK to discriminate against 50% of the population and tell them that they are not needed? Let’s be clear here, normal is two parents – a mother and a father. Anything else is abnormal. Single parents are single due to circumstance, not by choice.
Labour has proven to be anti marriage for quite some time, even though poll after poll after poll has shown that the vast majority of people in Britain believe that a mother and father is vital in a child’s upbringing, they seem to be going out of their way to make gay seem more normal than normal.
‘This week, the party’s deputy leader Harriet Harman was criticised after insisting ministers would not promote marriage. She said higher rates of family separation were a “positive” because they suggested people had “greater choice”.’
To think that in Britain today senior politicians believe that broken families were a positive is simply shocking and another clear example of why we need to remove this witless bunch of free loaders who like to think they know what is best for us, when in reality they make Jade Goody seem worldly wise.
I am starting to see that it is no coincidence that nearly all MPs come from one of the most hated, unscrupulous and complained about professions on the planet – lawyers.